Tuesday, September 7, 2010

DINNER FOR ONE




There is rarely a night when the husband and I don't have dinner together, but tonight was one of those very rare times. I decided to make one of my favorites, scallops. I used to hate them. It was a textural thing, but now I love them, although I don't have them as often as I would like. I served them with a bunch of sautéed kale, thinly sliced potatoes and pea puree. The whole dinner took about 15 minutes to put together.

I simply roasted some potato slices in a 400 degree oven. While the potatoes were cooking, I sautéed the kale with some olive oil, shallots and red pepper flakes and dropped some frozen peas into boiling water for a couple of minutes. When the peas were done, they were drained and pureed with a hand blender but you could use a regular blender or mini cuisinart. Using the same pan that I cooked the kale, I cooked the scallops, about 2 1/2 minutes per side. Easy.

3 comments:

  1. Scallops are my favorite fish to make and eat. Great for a quick meal by yourself. I will try them with a pea puree and the potatoes next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty plate, who wouldn't want to eat that?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scallops and those look great!

    ReplyDelete