Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Brunch


Happy new year to everyone. Welcome to the first blog of the year. I am not really one to make resolutions. I mean who really sticks to them for more than a few days anyway? But, I do like to start the new year clean and healthy.

Speaking of clean, I woke up this morning, and my apartment had been cleaned during the night by a magic elf who turned out to be my husband. It was awesome. So, I thought I would make him breakfast and since I am in love with him and kale, I decided to make a kale frittata. Let me go back to kale for a minute. I love it, I really do. I should change the name of the blog to "A Love Affair with Kale" because I eat it a lot.

Frittatas are really easy to make if you have a non stick pan (which I am generally opposed to because the non stick finish is somewhat, how shall I say...toxic) or a great cast iron skillet. You can use almost any vegetable and I really recommend that you add a green vegetable as it is a great way to start your day. Simply cook the veg in your pan, then add some lightly scrambled eggs (I happened to have some milk from a recipe I made for some clients so I added a bit of that to the egg, but it is not necessary). Keep the flame low as you are adding the egg and then transfer the pan to a preheated oven (325 degrees). Cook until the egg mixture is just set.


No comments:

Post a Comment