Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Roasted Delicata Squash and Broccoli w/ Tahini Dressing















Day three of a cleanse and dealing with unreasonable people and workers pounding on your windows to remove them from the walls do not mix well so I will keep this brief. This is what I had for dinner last night. Had leftover squash and broccoli with tahini and brown rice for breakfast and a smoothie for lunch. Today I miss my toxins and if I hadn't already announced to the world that I was on a cleanse I just might have made up some excuse that it's too hard to cleanse and have all the windows in your house replaced, or maybe I should do this next week or whatever. So this is working. Bah Humbug....

Roasted Broccoli and Delicata Squash with Tahini Dressing
mixed greens
1 head broccoli florets
2 delicata squash peeled, seeded and sliced into 1/2 rounds
1/2 cup tahini
grated zest and juice from one lemon
1 minced garlic cloves
3 tbs olive oil
2/3 cup water
1-2 teaspoons smoked spanish paprika
(taste first after 1 tsp and if you want add more- also if you don't have smoked spanish paprika you can add 1/2 tsp cumin and 1/2 tsp regular paprika)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
On a baking sheet toss squash, broccoli, 1 tbs olive oil, and salt
Roast veggies until soft

In the meantime puree in a blender all other ingredients to make Tahini dressing.
Take greens, top with veg, drizzle with 1/4 cup tahini dressing.
Save the rest of the dressing for salads throughout the week- lasts for 1 week.


No comments:

Post a Comment