Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ROAST PORK TENDERLOIN for Faith


A few weeks back my old buddy Faith requested a recipe for pork tenderloin-at least that is what I think she wanted...Anyway, that's what I made last night, along with some caramelized carrots and marinated zucchini. It is still a little early for zucchini but I couldn't resist it at the farmers market.

As I may have said before, Monday is the night the husband plays basketball with his mates. By the time he returns, just after 8, I am ready to eat my own foot. So each Monday I aim to have dinner ready by the time he gets out of the shower post ball. I could make it easy on everyone and just have dinner ready by 8:30, but 8:15 or 8:17 for that matter seems so much earlier. As a result, this pork was about 3 minutes overcooked. It wasn't dry and tough but it had just lost the pinkness.

Tonight, I rubbed the pork with a few tablespoons of ras el hanout, a Middle Eastern Spice blend (cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, chile and more) and placed it in a roasting pan drizzled with olive oil.

Pork tenderloin is a super simple thing to prepare, just roast it in a preheated oven at 400 degrees. The time that you roast depends upon the size of the pork. Typically, they are around 1 pound, give or take. This one was very small at just over 3/4 of a pound. It took about 20 minutes to cook. After about 20 minutes, touch the pork with your finger, if it is on the soft side, it needs to cook longer. Alternatively, you can get a digital thermometer and cook the pork until it reaches 145 degrees then let it rest for a few minutes before cutting into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment